Kings College Hospital
We are one of London's largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a strong profile of local services primarily serving the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Bromley.
Our specialist services are available to patients across a wider catchment area, providing nationally and internationally recognised work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, haemato-oncology and foetal medicine.
Our team provides confidential medical, social and welfare support for people living with human immuno-deficiency virus (HIV). You can either make an appointment or come to one of our emergency walk-in clinics at the Caldecot Centre. We see newly diagnosed patients at a specialist clinic. We also run a satellite clinic at Paxton Green GP surgery.
Come to our walk-in service at Camberwell Sexual Health Centre if you want:
- an HIV test
- to begin post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) within 72 hours of exposure to HIV.
At the Caldecot Centre we offer:
- Regular follow-up appointments with doctors and nurses.
- An emergency service for urgent HIV-related problems.
- Antiretroviral treatment.
- Sexual health screening, smear tests and contraceptive advice.
- Counselling and health advice.
- Nutrition and dietary advice.
- A specialist pharmacy for HIV drugs and other essential medication.
- An antenatal clinic with a specialist midwife for HIV-positive women who are pregnant.
- A family clinic for children and adolescents with HIV.
- Specialist clinics for people with HIV and TB or liver problems such as hepatitis.
- Advice and support on social and welfare issues.
- Results by email/phone for routine blood tests.