This is a new and exciting opportunity to support Positively UK’s communication strategy. It will provide a valuable opportunity to gain an insight into the charity sector while generating transferable skills and experience for both private and non-for-profit sectors. Our environment will give you many opportunities to learn about different aspects of the charity sector, with a particular focus on digital presence.
The role would suit someone who wants to give back to the community, or a marketing student looking to gain valuable experience in an organisation that will give you autonomy to take risk and learn whilst also having the support of the communication manager.
The position is part-time (at least 6 hours per week) and we are happy to discuss the interests and availability of candidates at the interview stage. A commitment of at least 3 months is required. Although we are not able to offer a paid position, travel and lunch will be reimbursed.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Managing and building social media profiles and feeds
- Creating marketing emails
- Designing marketing and publicity materials
- Creating new content (web copy, social media posts)
- Analysing digital data to report on the success of digital marketing activities
- Provide support in campaign delivery, creative brainstorms and other tasks
Skills and competences:
- Fluent in English
- Very strong written communication skills
- Academic knowledge and understanding and/or previous experience in marketing
- Willingness to learn and develop and attend events/workshops
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of initiative
- Able to use the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Some knowledge and/or experience with HTML
- Some knowledge and/or experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and/or Adobe Illustrator/ Canva will be a bonus
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Commitment to the mission and values of Positively UK
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter (no more than one page) outlining why you are suitable for the position to email@example.com