Being HIV positive shouldn’t stop women who want to, to be parents. With good treatment, care and support, women with HIV can expect to have a joyous pregnancy and parenthood just like any other person.Despite this, many women may have doubts and/or questions about the implications of having HIV and becoming a parent. This is why we are running a one day “Pregnancy Journey” workshop, led by our mentor mothers – women who have been through pregnancy while being HIV positive – and with the participation of doctors and midwives, to support women who would like to know up-to-date information on HIV, pregnancy and parenthood.
ON THE DAY WE WILL COVER:
- Pre-Conception: things to consider before getting pregnant, how to conceive safely, communicating with partners.
- Pregnancy: what happens during pregnancy, HIV treatment and the baby.
- Delivery: the options available, how to make choices.
- Aftercare: the mother’s health, your baby’s health, breastfeeding and formula milk, building a support network.
- It will be a great opportunity to meet other women with HIV who are mothers or want to be mothers
Saturday 24 November 2018
Venue: Positively UK, 345 City Road, London EC1V 1LR
Time: 10am – 5pm
Please book your place on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7713 0444
Lunch and Refreshments will be provided. Advance booking is required, reasonable child care costs and travel expenses will be reimbursed